Mediation & Legal Consultations
All prospective clients are welcome to schedule a consultation at my hourly rate. Consultations are paid at the time we meet, but if I am retained* at that meeting… the first hour will be credited towards the cost of legal representation or mediation. An initial meeting allows prospective clients an opportunity to gather information and explore options without making a commitment to proceed, and may be scheduled at any mutually convenient time, including early weekday mornings, and Saturday mornings.
Mediation consultations for people actively seeking to mediate relationship issues include:
- Unmarried couples planning to live together… or already living together and contemplating a cohabitation agreement
- Unmarried couples contemplating an agreement to separate
- Unmarried couples planning to marry seeking a pre-marital agreement (formerly known as a “pre-nuptial” agreement)
- Married couples seeking a marital agreement (formerly known as a “post-nuptial” agreement) whether intending to remain married… or anticipating a future divorce
- Former spouses seeking to modify the terms of their divorce in a post-divorce agreement
Legal consultations for individuals and couples include people interested in:
- Creating or changing their estate plans, i.e., wills, codicils, durable powers of attorney & health care proxies
- Protecting their primary residence by filing an estate of homestead
- Buying or selling residential real estate
* Prospective (legal or mediation) clients become clients after retaining me by signing an agreement and paying a retainer.
NB: I no longer represent clients in litigation, (i.e., actions captioned as “plaintiff versus defendant”). Clients engaged in adversarial legal actions are referred to lawyers who represent clients in litigation.